We have a number of leaflets which you can either download or contact us and we will send you copies. We have also included links to leaflets produced by Sandwell Council and the Department for Children Schools and Families which you may find useful.
1. The Graduated Approach, including School Action and School Action Plus school-based-action1
2. A Guide to Statutory Assessment guide-to-statutory-assess
3. A Guide to the Statementing Process guide-to-statementing2
4. A Guide to Fixed Term and Permanent Exclusions school-exclusions2
5. A Guide to Moving to Secondary school for children with Statements of SEN moving-to-secondary-school-children-with-statements1
6. A Guide to Choosing a School choosing-a-school-sen-but-not-statement
What is SEN?
1. Definition of SEN special-educational-needs-what-does-it-mean-written-doc
1. SEN a guide for parents and carers – special-educational-needs-a-guide-for-parents-and-carers-web
The parent’s guide sets out the main points of the Code of Practice, explaining procedures and informing parents of their rights. This document is also available in large print and other languages.
2. SEN Code of Practice – sen-code-of-practice-web
The SEN Code of Practice provides practical advice to Local Education Authorities, maintained schools, early education settings and others on carrying out their statutory duties to identify, assess and make provision for children’s special educational needs.
3. Removing barriers to achievement - removing-barriers-to-achievement-written-doc
The Government’s strategy for special educational needs.
4. A sure start for every child – a-surestart-for-every-child-written-doc
5. A sure start for every young person a-surestart-for-every-young-person-written-doc
1. Bullying Involving Children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities bullying-involving-children-with-sen-and-disabilities-written-doc1
1. Improving Behaviour and Attendance: Guidance on Exclusion from Schools improving-behaviour-and-attendance-web
1. Inclusive Schooling Children with SEN inclusive-schooling-children-with-sen-written-doc
What are P levels (school grading levels)?
1. nppn-progression-guidance-briefing p-levels-written-doc
Include Me TOO – UNCRC – The Rights of the Child
1. Overview of the law regarding time limits in annual reviews overview-of-the-law-regarding-time-limits-in-annual_reviews3-written-doc